Monday, January 7, 2008

Starting a New Year with New Goals

What I am reading today: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
What I am working on:  His Father's Bride

OK, yes, I stole that Beginning from Macy O'Neal's Blog,  but it is a great idea, and I hope she does not mind.    

OK, it is 11:33 p.m. and I am breaking one of my biggest goals: To be abed by 9 p.m. every night.  I guess I should rework that goal.   (Why do I always tell you the time....Maybe you will forgive the mindless ramble if you know how late it is?)

I started this year with the typical New Years Resolutions:  Eat Less, Exercise More, Drink less wine, have more sex...on and on.  But Reading Alyson Love's New Years Blog at Affairs of the Pen, brought me to a screeching Halt.  You have to check out the lists she has made of Challenges for you.  I picked the 101 things to accomplish in 1001 days.

 I like this because I do not have the pressure of a year, and I am not forcing myself to give anything up.  Which, by the way, usually backlashes into a session of pigging out on a horde of recess peanut butter valentines hearts that I have hid in my pajama drawer.  Purchased, of course, 32 minutes after completing my new years resolution list.  I do not like to think that I am weak....more like...I am a REBEL! hahaha.  Sneaking into the house with my bag of bootleg candy, feeling the rush of adrenaline from possibly getting caught, and the pride of successfully hiding my stash.  I digress.

Listing specific accomplishments on a three year timeline is perfect for the procrastinating pressure hater writing this blog.   I have only come up with 33 things, but I am sure I will have the list complete in a few days.  While you are waiting to see what brilliant things I come up with, start your own list.  

Happy Writing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok -- You've convinced me. I'm going to to the 101 things in 1001 days. I'm going to have to think carefully and make my list over many days.

I like the idea of January being a whole month of reflection and goal setting and dreaming ahead to the new year. It's too much work to do it in December -- with all the craziness of Christams. But reflection time is essential. My goal: Have my 101 list by month's end. I'll post it at my blog.

http://www.macyoneal.blogspot.com

Macy

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to it Macy!