Sunday, November 18, 2007

30 Nights with a Highland Husband by Mellissa Mayhue - Action!


If I could put any book to a movie...hmmmmm.......well, I think I would have to say Diana Gabaldon's Outlander, staring Gerard Butler as Jamie, off the top of my head. Honestly, that would be very unoriginal. There are blogs that are devoted solely to that discussion. And there are u-tube presentations galore on the subject as well. The staring actors vary, but Gerry Butler seem to be the favorite choice. If you know me well, you know that he is my favorite actor and favorite heartthrob. So, let me be a little more original. I read a great book a few months ago where I really connected with the Hero in the story. It was 30 nights with a Highland Husband by Mellissa Mayhue. Here is the amazon description:

SCOTLAND, 1272. Connor MacKiernan, a descendant of the Fae Prince, is a warrior who lives only for honor and duty. Though he's vowed never to marry, that's exactly what he must do to save his sister. Enter a little Faerie magic, and the search for a bride is on.

DENVER, 2007. Caitlyn Coryell is having a really bad day -- she just discovered her fiancé with another woman! Imagine her surprise when she puts on some sexy lingerie and an antique pendant and Connor appears in her bedroom, begging for her help. He offers a simple yet outrageous adventure: travel to his time, marry him, and return home.

OK - Now would you go with him? What crazy woman would?? Well, I can tell you if Gerry Butler popped into my bedroom with a belted plaid and his “300” abs, I think I would be so entranced I would not even consider saying no!

As for heroine,,,,well it should be me! I did star in the 9th grade production of “The Soapy Murder Case”. Seriously, I probably would be too old by Hollywood's standards, even though I am six months younger than Gerry himself. So, who could be the feisty American Caitlyn? WEll, Hawai’i born, Aussie raised Nicole Kidman would be a great match, not only for the role of Caitlyn but for the thrill of staring opposite Gerry.

Pick this book up today and give it a read. The twists and turns are worthy of Hollywood's glances. This fun story would be a welcome change. Read it and let me know what you think.

No comments: